- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats (GF)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup walnuts, raisins, or chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree (unsweetened) or use leftover pumpkin puree by tossing it into a smoothie
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350◦F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and walnuts, raisins, or chocolate chips (if using).
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and syrup. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each to the brim. Bake until the muffins are nicely browned on top, and a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. If you like them warm, reheat on low power in the microwave.