Serves 4-5 people
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 1 table spoons of minced garlic
- 2 chopped tomatoes in little squares
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ package of parsley, finely chopped
- Cooking oil
Directions for making the filling
Cook the onions, add the garlic and the beef in oil. When the water is evaporated, add the tomato, lemon juice and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- 1 ½ cup of unsweetened, regular almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of dry yeast dissolved in warm milk
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 ½ cup of oil
- 1 table spoon of salt
- 4 ½ cups of gluten free flour
- Egg wash
Directions for making the dough
Warm the almond milk, and dissolve the dry yeast. Add the sugar.
Put the mixture with all the dough ingredients in the blender; except the flour.
In a separate container, mix the blended ingredients with the flour with the hands until the dough is consistent and oily. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and let it rest for 30min.
Cut the dough in small triangles of 2,5 inches.
Making the turnovers
Add about 1 tablespoon of the filling to each dough, and close it completely making a smaller triangle. Brush the egg white on top.
Bake in pre-warmed oven in 450 degrees for about 30min, until it’s golden.
I am including a picture of what I baked at home. By the way, you can freeze them!