Project 20|20 – Week 12: Pause. Play Positivity.
In a world that seems to be falling apart, we can be the ones working to reassemble it.
Last week, we talked about things we could select to enhance and better our days while at home. So instead of feeling bored and stuck, we could use this period time to learn and grow.
We all have options, and choosing to be positive is a smart decision that we have total control over. This week I want to share ideas on how to experience this social distance phase in a way that makes you feel better about yourself.
Here we go:
- Find your favorite uplifting affirmation quote. Print it and leave it in a place where you can be inspired often. If you need some ideas, check some of my favorites here.
- Call someone you love to talk about happy things. No pandemic topics or texting.
- Choose someone to help this week. We all have many talents, from making protection masks to helping up with a house chore; we can make a difference.
- Name your biggest strength and write down how it has helped you in the past, as well as how it can help you today.
- Remember a day that you were super happy. Treasure this memory.
- Plan something cool to do for yourself after this quarantine ends.
- List something new you learned about yourself.
- Play your favorite beat, and dance!
- Take five deep breaths, inhale counting to five, hold for five and exhale for five.
- Compliment someone today.
These are simple suggestions that can help change our mindset. Just a little nudge can make a significant impact on our mood.
Nature and Us
Spring is arriving under our feet, bringing a chance of rebirth and new beginnings. Let’s take this opportunity and make the best of it.
Instead of looking forward to going back to things we used to do before that may not be suitable to us, let’s pause and evaluate how to learn from this experience and become better beings.
Breathing in, I am aware of my heart. Breathing out, I smile to my heart and know that my heart still functions normally. I feel grateful for my heart. – Thich Nhat Hanh
May all the positiveness and hope brought by the beauty of spring, fill your life with love and happiness.
If you want to try a powerful way to reduce anxiety and calm yourself, check this 6-minute video explaining the Ujjayi Pranayama breathing technic.
Like this page? Share it!
Like what you read? Subscribe for more content from Lupus Hope.